Thursday, September 9, 2010

Nick's 1st Day of Preschool

Pretty much since he turned 3 Nick has been so excited that he could start preschool. All summer long he asked me frequently when it was time to start school. The days leading up to his first day were so exciting for him. The excitement continued all the way to school...that is until we actually got out of the car. My super happy and excited boy decided maybe school wasn't for him afterall. With my mom powers I am able to coax him into his classroom, but pretty much only because I got desperate and bribed him with candy. After staying for a few minutes I decided I better try to sneak out. He has this amazing instinct that tells him when I am trying to slip out a door without his consent or knowledge and it was in full swing yesterday. He runs to me crying and so I decide maybe I should take him home and try again next week, but his teacher assures me he will be fine. She takes him from me and he tries to hold on to me, in fact takes a large hair sample of mine with him as he's trying to. I made the walk of shame to the door wondering what all the other parents were thinking of me as I was leaving him there. I wish I could have stayed and had I a babysitter for the lil boys I would have. It's hard to balance all their needs sometimes. Needless to say I cried all the way back to my car and there I sat for the next while, asking every parent that left afterwards if he was ok. They all replied he was fine and it made me feel better, but I still stayed. When I picked him up he had on a little crown he made and even better he was wearing a great big smile. He says he wants to go back next week, but we'll see come next Thursday.

Here he is MY BIG PRESCHOOLER:

No comments:

Post a Comment